Re: Lost and Hound Demo - Rescue Dog RPG for the sighted and blind alike

Hi everyone, exciting announcement: I've been quiet for a while because I've been doing things to expand the game and prepare for it's eventual launch.

One of those things is to secure funding: I have been awarded a grant, one of five dev teams each allocated a piece of $100,000 by Screenwest, a film and television advocacy organisation here in Western Australia.

Another is seeking publishing and/or a marketing firm.

I'm going to get back to developing the game soon, but in the mean time if you'd like to test out the latest demo, here it is. The snow level is still not done so explore at your own risk, but the first level is polished and there's an additional mini-level.

I've been trying to test out the game on people's differing computer setups, and recently I've been told that for at least one person, the game opens and then is silent. No menu, no campfire sound, no running water which you're supposed to hear in the menu.

Can you all give me feedback as to what happens when you open it? When you download it, you have to drag all the contents into the same folder and open the executable, which I think is called "WindowsNoEditor."

Let me know what you think. Also I've added a controls narration: hold in TAB once all the intro dialogue is done, and the controls will be narrated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dflwhlyi9pu6t … d.zip?dl=1