Re: Speeding or slowing a track?

For strictly speeding up/slowing down, I prefer Amazing Slow Downer over Ellastique personally. Elastique always has this very artificial metallic sound to it especially when slowing down. Amazing Slow Downer sounds totally different and isn't very expensive, about $50 I believe. And it's decently accessible if you set up keyboard shortcuts. If you use algorithm 4, some really amazing results can be had. The algorithm and the program have their issues though. The program can't work with bpm and the adjustments are a bit large to do anything fine tuned (though you might be able to tweak things in a config file, I'm not really sure). And the algorithm has its pitfalls, but it seems to excel most on dance music with plenty of sharp drums, and sparse orchestral music with a lot of sustained instruments. It tends to trip up a bit when there's a lot going on, though. And it adds a weird blurry effect to crisp electric guitars/leads. Still it doesn't sound artificial to me nearly as much.
Also there's a program called Ircam TS which uses nearly the same algorithm but there are more options. You can tweak the algorithm to suit polyphonic music or voice, and you can change pitch, formants and adjust the level of transient, tonal and noise components of the sound. Overall there's just a lot more fine tuning you can do. The catch is that it's way more expensive. And completely inaccessible unless you use ocr if I remember right. But you can use it if you memorize the keystrokes, edit the default settings file which is just an xml, and then reloading that when you want to hear changes. But as you can imagine, that gets annoying. I also figured out that the sampling rate of the file and the sampling rate of the program must match or else when you save the output to a wav file, it may not save the whole thing. So yeah. Using it is doable, but not accessible.