Re: Scrolling battles pro version 3.0.0 released!

I actually do like SBP and had some pretty big things for it planned. Here are some reasons why this never happened.

1: Lack of interest. Most people were just tired if SBP this, SBP that. Given its history in the past I don't blame the peoople who were highly against a rewrite. However, there was some interest shown, so I wripped out the server code and a lot, and I do mean a lot of the client code and just rewrite it on the server. This as a result cleared up a lot of the mess we were dealing with. Players not syncing as htey should, items not removing from the client when they were no longer there anymore, problems with the server updater and custom servers, the server list going down and changing for no reason what so ever, on and on and on. I cleaned up the code and started everything up again. Asides from a few hickups here and there, we sorted everything out with the player safezones, etc. Still, there were only a few players who were online and most of them were just on afk.

This brings me to my second point: time. I don't have the time this year as I once did, now that I'm starting college and trying to get my life in order, maybe even moving out on my own soon, I can't spend 3 days coding patches and adding new features. The demand in making online games is just too much at the moment, and I just want to keep myself very distant from online games for now. Anyway, I have left the server up on the machine if anything happens. All maps and player data is still here.