Same import lines again and again

So, I noticed that I tended to import the same modules throughout files. sound_pool is the most common example of this. I've read that, unless you specifically tell python to create a new instance of the module or you are importing it for the first time, python will do it's best to find an already imported version and use that instead, and thus do not believe that it ultimately matters, but I figured it won't hurt to ask. Why is it generally frowned upon to keep importing the same modules over and over? Do you have any suggestions as to how to reduce the number of the same imports?