Re: what was your first computer

The first truly mine computer was a Del laptop, from around 2003 ish. IIRC it had a pentium III, 256? megs of RAM and a 20 gig hard drive. For the first year that I had it, it was basically just a gaming machine. Then a year later I got Window-Eyes 4.5 for it along with some additional hardware like an Alva Satellite 544 braille display. This is when I ran into a small problem because in the US and UK, Window-Eyes never had DRM. But in Poland, they were using a USB dongle, and this Del laptop only had a single USB port. Eventually we got someone to help us set everything up with a hub. I have some of my fondest memories on this computer, where I basically self tought myself how to use Window-Eyes, Windows and the internet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector