Help required on new android phone

Hello everyone, so, I've finally switched back to android, I love it so far, I just have 1 problem.
My phone is a Huawei P30 and I can't get it to speak protected fields with talkback.
I've turned on the setting in Talkback that says speak passwords, I also went to security, encription, and turned on show passwords there as well, is there anything I'm missing?
By the way I am using Gboard as my keyboard if that helps.
Cheers.