Re: onefile or not to onefile, that is the question

I'll try to answer as best as I can.
This is my take on the subject.
1. Startup time.
Yes, but only by half a second or so.

2. Security
I mean... It will protect against the most basic Script kiddies.

In addition, if you cythonize and onefile it, it's even better.

What I personally do, is cythonize, then for alphas/betas just onedir, and for releases I onefile.