Re: Addressing the community in regards to mainstream accessibility

@Post 1:
while I am in full agreement that pure complaining solves nothing, and this goes for anything, and also that attacking developers actually trying to make an effort is a significant detriment, I do have to say one thing. There's nothing wrong with expecting better. Remember that in exchange for making their games accessible to the blind, these developers are earning a (albeit perhaps small) monetary gain. Recall that we are paying the same as our sighted counterparts - so if we aren't expecting that the price be lowered for us, why should we expect that the quality be lowered?
We show our appreciation by forking $60 give or take towards their product, that we might play it with the newly implemented accessibility features, while simultaneously supporting the developers. We also show appreciation by offering constructive criticism to help them make it better. Given that we are not beggars and they are not the kings and queens whose feet we kiss in exchange for the tiniest reprieve, I just don't believe it is our duty to show some higher level of humility towards game developers who make their software accessible. It is my firm belief that it is never unreasonable for a disabled individual to expect equal access where possible to everything their able bodied counterparts get. And please don't correlate that with me condoning people acting like total pieces of shit either, because that's a whole different extreme.