Re: How Often are you Grabbed in Public

This happened to me all the time in the bus terminal. One time I was walking and I knew that when my cane hits this wall that is when I have to turn. A guy starts yelling out of nowhere LEFT LEFT LEFT. It's like really dude if I listened to him it probably would have thrown me off. At least he didn't grab me but I still felt stupid for ignoring him. I had just gotten off a bus and was walking the right way to the door going into the terminal when this person for no reason grabs me and shoves me through the door. I've experienced this less taking Uber and Lyft as the drivers usually ask me if I need help and respect my answer. I thankfully have never been dragged by my cane. I've heard stories of people that had and that would really piss me off. The problem for me is that once I'm traveling somewhere I'm focused on that so much that if I get pushed or dragged it takes me a moment to register it and by the time I'm pissed off about it they're gone. I'm trying to get better at this so I can say something in the moment but I haven't taken public transportation in a while so it hasn't happened to me recently. I do have the issue of when I ask for help people take my arm or hand and that is easier for me to correct. I would understand someone grabbing me if I was about to step off a train platform or into a busy lane of traffic but that's different.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector