How big of a deal are 32-bit builds?

Hey folks,

Doing some interesting game engine accessibility work that I can hopefully share soon, but one issue I'm running up against are 32-bit builds. Specifically, I'm trying to package my work to make it easier to use, and I can't get a 32-bit build of this code compiling either on my Windows 10 test VM or on Appveyor.

I don't use Windows heavily, but I'm wondering to what extent those of you who do think this is a big deal?

I'm kind of inclined to declare that it isn't. I think my last 32-bit computer was my 2008-era netbook, unless you count the Samsung Galaxy S III I got in 2012. I've run 32-bit Raspbian on my RPis, but they're 64-bit as well, and I'm only using them for home automation and not gaming. And I haven't had high-end PCs until fairly recently, but even so I haven't had to go out of my way to avoid 32-bit systems. Even my cheap Chinese phone is aarch64, as are all the new $35/$50 RPis just released.

So I'm wondering how much more time I should waste on this before declaring it dead and moving on. To those of you releasing games/software, is there lots of interest in 32-bit under Windows? Or, if you do it, do you only do so to avoid a minority of folks who will try and fail to run your 64-bit app on an older system?

If you'd like to dive into the specifics, see this forum thread: https://users.rust-lang.org/t/cant-buil … dows/32407 Otherwise I just want to know to what extent this is a big deal. Hopefully it isn't, because this is proving to be a big pain in the ass on a whole bunch of levels.