Re: advice

bashue wrote:

The concept of enforced arranged marriages disgusts me to the core and if I get lynched for saying this, I will not retract my next statement.

Agreed on this one. When I traveled to India on a business trip before MWC last year, I found out that arranged marriage there are done for selfish reasons with respect to the parents. The parents press marriage on their kids so much because they want that son or daughter in-law to look after them when they're old; it has nothing to do with their kid's happiness. I was disgusted when I discovered this and it's sad that so many kids' happiness is sacrificed because of selfish motives.

Yes, "bachelorhood" as you termed is does suit me well. But just the fact that you called me being single a bachelor, proves the point I made earlier. I don't like the term "Bachelor" when it comes to one's personal life because it has an undertone of irresponsibility with it, as if one who has gone beyond bachelorhood is somehow more mature than one who hasn't. It's these types of terms that we need to get rid of for it to become acceptable for one to remain unmarried and without relationship.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector