Re: Space Muds with Decent Sound Packs?

Some clarifications about SC.

First, it is indeed roleplay intensive. You can't say over your comms, "I'm going afk for a few," or "sorry guys, my vipmud froze on me." They will catch that and give you ooc warnings pretty quickly.
Second, you do indeed need to write a concept and profile to advance beyond a certain point or buy any ships beyond the flitter, cargo hauler, or fighter. You can, however, join in on other people's activities. We take cadets on things all the time, and people are happy to train others. IN fact, as I speak, two cadets are going on a nest with two other people right now.

Finally. They take metagaming pretty seriously, and they will hold it against  you for a long time. Metagaming is using out of character knowledge in character, so knowing that Assault is Fringe and who he is and showing up suddenly being best friends when you're League looks suspicious and is pretty easy to spot. Join in, and let things happen organicly.