Re: what you think is the best VPS provider

I'm on GitLab ATM. I think most of my issue is that I've used GitLab CI for years, I generally know how to make it do what I want, and it makes lots of sense to me. It'd probably be easier to just drop $14/month on a Windows CI runner I can connect to GitLab, than learning yet another CI system. I just spent days essentially trying to cache Windows builds as an artifact in one step, cache Linux builds in another, then combine them into a single artifact. Appveyor doesn't share build caches between stages, and makes you securely store an access token and use their Powershell API to retrieve archives. GitLab CI makes it a no-brainer to cache archives in one build step, name them, then retrieve those archives as a dependency in another. No scripting, no external API, no downloading a command line tool to securely encrypt credentials so they can be committed.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. When you're ready to drop money and time administering your own server to replace a free service, you know said service is a royal pain in the ass.