Unable to run Sound RTS on Ubuntu Mate 18.04

Hi all,

I'm trying to run Sound RTS on Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work. I've installed pygame-python and made sure Python2.7 was installed. However, the soundrts.py file won't run. I even tried chmod +x soundrts.py, but this doesn't help. When I run the file, I get a screen asking if I want to run or display the script. When I choose run, nothing happens.

I have tested this with the latest 1.2 Continuous 12 version, as well as the old 1.2 Alpha 10 one, with the same result. How do I get Sound RTS to run in Linux?