At this point I'm not really updating the walkthrough unless something really, really big happens.

My suggestion: Push the box onto the switch first, which I'm assuming you've done.
Now leave the room, come back in.
Now trace a step route from the teleporter to the box. Let's say it's five steps down, four steps right or something. I don't know if that's it, but it might be.
Now you then have to reverse that. To get box to teleporter, you need to reverse what you just found, it's not super difficult. If the exact walkthrough is incorrect, I can't help you much. Don't rely on it so heavily; use logic. I did this part without any help, and I'm sure you can too.

Now, Americranian, I want to go through what you said comparing AHC to Manamon.

First, length. I think my first AHC playthrough was something like 14 hours, with all 35 or 36 side-quests completed and finishing the game around level 30. If I either started a manamon file with really good team members and just wrecked with it, or didn't care too much about breeding, I feel I could get into Manamon's postgame in under 15 hours. So length, at least, could be comparable, albeit not if you're a pro at AHC and are optimizing everything.
Next, classes. Mages have three separate branches to choose from, so you need at least two playthroughs in order to figure out all their tricks, and that assumes you actually play as a mage. Priests also have exclusives, as do rangers I believe. It will take several playthroughs before you know what works best and what doesn't, and warrior/necro are totally new (i.e., you have no point of reference). That said, I feel that the replayability in each game is...well, similar, anyway. AHC has hard and normal mode, and one hell of a lot more going on in the way of randomness. Manamon has more sheer party member choices, although most of them are pretty bad and almost all of them will boil down to the same five moves. Two mages in AHC will look a fair bit different, while two Sacraloon will look almost the same, barring some small deviation in base stats; movesets will be almost identical, train points will probably be assigned almost identically, and the overall strategy used while employing Sacraloon won't vary much (for instance, most people aren't going to try a peck/quicken/roar set on Sacraloon. In other words, the number of manamon vs. the variation in AHC is closer than it looks.
Agreed on sound quality/sound design, AHC is just flat better; far fewer music tracks, but much, much better overall ambiance and sound design. You can tell that the devs of this one really took pride in this aspect of gameplay.
Also, one game cost twice as much as the other. The cheaper game was buggy as heck on release, and was quickly patched to become playable. Improvements were made (some by player request, some purely to finish what was already set up), yet the doubly expensive title got a few nod-in-the-general-direction-of-progress updates and...then radio silence (both products have gotten radio silence lately, in fact).

So no. They're two very different games, that's true. But I disagree with some of your assessment criteria. Manamon is actually pretty damn samey when you get right down to it.