Re: Cosmic Rage, a futuristic MUD unlike any other

dardar wrote:

the comments in 670 are well received, after the especially bad press the game seems to be getting of late.
Activities are indeed being worked on slowly, each one being given careful care and attention to try and vary everything up. there are only so many ways you can skin a cat, but we're giving it our best.

I'm frustrated that at over rank 1000, there isn't any relaxing activities that pay as much as Star Studies both in cash and XP. I have tried to do shipwrecks, but ended up losing a helper drone that someone had made for me. Also, why isn't there any other way to get stun armor other than with a group activity that requires at least four people? It's great that CR is a social game, and I like chatting with folks, but quite frankly the grind for resources annoys me to the point of wanting a Moonbase so I can have my people go and grab 'em for me. I remember making a suggestion/report for an activity preference finder, or whatever I couldn't think of a nem for it. If you're in the mood for a group activity, you put your preferences in and it will not only help find activities that you can do, but group members that have a rank suitable to do the activity with you.

It can also suggest solo activities. Alter Aeon's group creation/recruitment etc was what partially inspired this idea. Perhaps high level activities such as moonbases should be offered at a lower level, E.G. 1000, but lock down features of the activity until a max level. That's how skills work at the moment so...

So basically I want to login and find an activity that is both solo and gives a reward that somebody high rank of over 1000 should receive. Planet Chunks are great, but I need stun armor to even properly solo those and they're the best place to get every resource. I need four people to get the stun armor though, and I can only login for, say, an hour. Well, organizing and leading volcano harvesting group, doing the activity etc will take some time.

Basically, I suggest doing what Starmourn does. For every group activity, have at least one solo activity to balance the group activities out. In Starmourn you can either play solo or group. In CR, you want stun armor or access to chunks, group.

Here's another problem I have. Me and a friend want to do activities together. He's... rank 400 or so, and I'm over 1000. There is nothing activity wise we could both do and get rewarded for it. Since I'm higher rank, I'd be receiving the reward while he comes along for the ride. I shouldn't have to make a new character, and even if I did, they'd be too low rank in this case.