Re: Minecraft for the blind?

I am working on a sound only version of Mindcraft using _javascript_ and the howler library and MYSQL. I hope someday it will turn into some sort of plugin or something for sound only access to the real Mindcraft. but my goals are often lofty. I think the first step is to figure out what a sound only interface would look like then see if someone associated with Mindcraft would would be receptive. I think there is a lot of untapped quality to sound that can be as rich and informative to the standard vision centric method of information.
Honestly I think there is a chance that someone involved with Mindcraft mightbe receptive.  There are lots of coders who would like to do something meaningful. my first thought is to build my own system to experiment with how it would work. I think it would be interesting for sighted people to try as well.  I am totally new to the idea of audio games so I hope you are a friendly group.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : goingSound via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : goingSound via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : goingSound via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector