Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable (video 12), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts and positive comments. I’ll try and answer some of the questions below
-since a few people mentioned screen readers, I just wanted to say I completely understand that this is something people  want to see. As mentioned in my post 281, we are very cautious of over committing or promising , so I want to avoid confirming anything which isn’t already currently built into Sable. there are lots of additions we would like to make still, some may make it in before its initial release , and others we hope to add into later versions of Sable if it is successful, but please do remember Sable is just in its prototype stage at present.
@number 280 and 285., just following on from my previous reply to post 280, , although I’m not promising the feature would make it in, I’m intrigued  how  would  you want a feature like party members leaving to work? I could see various different ways of dealing with it and was interested in what you had in mind, as it’s an interesting concept. Again, I can’t promise it will make it in and it probably wouldn’t make it into the initial release , but it is a good suggestion.
-@number 284, wow watching all the videos in one go is a serious amount of videos hahaha, huge thanks for taking the time to watch them all and for your positive comments too. I’ll try an answer your questions below:
- it doesn’t currently support other languages, , although as you mention anything you create you can name in which ever language you want, but there is a lot of core stuff which is in English. A few people have suggested the ability to be able to customize some of the core names, which is a good idea and would help with languages slightly as you suggest.
-as for map descriptions, this can be done. At the point of creating a map you can give it both a name and reference. The reference is what sable uses to identify different maps, but the map name can either be left blank, or if you put something in here it is then spoken when the player enters the map. This has been set up like this as I know some games/people like the name of a map spoken when the player arrives  and others not, so both options are available. I’ve actually created maps myself where instead of a name I’ve typed a description here instead as this is then read when the player arrives on the map (as with any text in sable it can be muted with ctrl, if the player wants to mute speech). You can add descriptions to all things like objects/npc /doors. So potentially for buildings since they all have doors (hopefully hahaha) you could always add a description to the inner door, so when the player first enters the room they are brought in and are where the inner door is , so if you had put a room description on the door they could press the description key when they’ve entered and it would read the description of the room you’d given it. Also in rooms you can press a key to see objects in that room, although that’s objects not a description. I like your idea of having a key which a player  could press to get a description of a map.
@number 285, you can actually already set the currency in sable to whatever you like,  so if you want to set it to  beer tankards that’s absolutely  fine hahaha. As mentioned in my comment above, the suggestion of being able to customise other  core names such as stats etc has come up before and is a good suggestion.
@number 286, thanks for the continued support and I’m really pleased you enjoyed the latest video.
@number 287, hahaha, I’m pleased you liked my intro opening to the video. I’d never really paid it much attention, I just record the videos as they are without thinking about the intro, but I’ve actually always worked in sales and now I’ve gone back and listened I think unintentionally that’s probably my sales voice/intro slipping in there hahaha

As ever, thanks for all the positive comments everyone

Paul
The Ebon Sky Studios Team
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector