Re: TriadCity via MUD clients

JasonBlaze wrote:

I would like to know what are the features of the mud so far?
is it some kind of life sim? I mean can you have a job or something? the one I know about it, is you can just explore or look around to get exp. anything else?

Hi Jason,

It's like a mashup of concepts from old-school MUDs and MUSHes, combined with virtual world sim like say Second Life (only not as chaotic), with some academic theory about literary Modernism, Postmodernism and computer-mediated narrative thrown in for the maybe six of us IRL who care. There are multiple paths to character growth, none of which is privileged. Yes there's exp from simply exploring, which is what brand-new characters tend to do while the players are getting used to the geography and how things work. The most rapid exp gains are from using Skills, which are Role-based, and of which there are - well I'm not even sure - maybe a hundred-ish.  If you want to hack-and-slash you can do that, if you want to build the world you can do that, if you want to just hang out and explore and chat you can do that. All of these things contribute exp. That's only a partial answer but I hope it's a start.

Cheers!

--Mark

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Merin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TriadCity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brailleluke via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector