i like dramagon as a water type, way stronger after you evolve it from hydro, and you get a great 90 power move in drench early as well as draco breaker which just does wild dmg, rehydrate to get your hp back and some other stuff. Instead of poloces I actually like kinidul better, as it has about the same bulk as polaces but the defensive typing is just way better, and you get access to torch which, again, has 90 bp at lev 50. Erroir has a bit more power especially at the lower end with access to power surge for spread damage and sparking tail, both of which you can invest into just physical for, and shred for a strong multihit move though you do give up the excellent bulk of dussocket.  Interesting on my first playthrough I kept a steelion though my whole game, even though if you read the guide, Jade really doesn't like it much, because a pure steel type has excellent resists and its ability helps its physical defense a good deal, so you can just through it at random physical hits and you'll probably be okay especially after you get, I think it's steel horn, and growl which you can use repeatedly to pwn enemy defense. I think having a steel type really loosens up a lot of the fights. Playing with mondivol was really nice for the same reason, but it has bulk and arguably even better power if you're willing to cover for a few more weaknesses.