Re: How many play old mortal Kombat?

I still fire up midway arcade treasures on the psp to play mk1 through 3 from time to time. Same with umk 3 on the ds and ps3, and the excellent umk trilogy rom hack for the genesis. If you want to play mk trilogy in stereo, n64 is the way to go, but you need to go to options and turn panning on. Its running on the snes sound engine, so sound and music isn't top notch, but least it's in stereo like mk 3 and umk 3 before it.

Been playing these since I was a kid back in the 90s, and I ain't seen a thing in my life. I think that for me, it's just a matter of mentally being able to imagine where your opponent is in relation to your kombatant, and that's how I overcome mono sfx in fighting games. Ideally, if you flip across the screen, your opponent will probably be behind you unless they move in a similar direction, plus you can't run backwards in the mk3 line of games, and command inputs are obviously reversed on the other side, so just have to process that info real fast to fight on equal footing with sighted kombatants and CPU. All this also applies to mk4, which I also fire up from time to time.

As a side note, I've beaten everything mentioned here, mainly with every character in umk3 on ds and every character in mk4, but I have cleared arcade in mk1 and 2. Indeed the ai in mk2 is stupidly cheap, so it just takes luck and patience if you're decent at the game.