Re: Can we do something about all the begging?

Okay, story here.

I'm on the Beta testing team for Your adventure by Pelantas and None vision games. As such I was given a free copy of the game to provide beta feedback, which I duly did to the best of my ability.

your adventure is a pretty good little crafting rpg, and what's more one with nice music and a lot of potential to go other places, as such it's a game I probably would've bought anyway.

So, I decided to donate ten dollars to the game's development, as I have with several projects I like. I could've just bunged a paypal donation, however I decided to gift the game to two people instead.

That way firstly, three people get to play the game instead of just one, and secondly, None vision games get 10 dollars from me, rather than the five they would've got if I'd bought the game for myself. Net result, more happy players and developers, and more people playing the game over all, and possibly less people using cracks.

So, for me there is absolutely nothing wrong with people asking for games if others can help get them, indeed I looked at one point to see if we might setup an audiogames.net gifting account on paypal just for this purpose (but that isn't possible.

Personally, I sympathise with anyone wanting to play games and unable to due to reasons such as paypal not working in a given country or lack of funds due to being a miner, and if wanting to play games makes one entitled, then I am certainly a very entitled person big_smile.

I would only have said the requests for assistance buying games get "out of hand" if they interfere with the usual running of the forum, EG there are so many game requests it interferes with legitimate discussion, and at least thus far it doesn't seem that is the case, or at least not from what I've seen anyway.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector