Re: HavenRealm, nonvisiongames it's second online project

News in Haven
published: fernada, 8 Paruja 432
Writer: Pelantas
Today, I had the oppertunity, and honour to meet the archangel Ethyl. Of which rumors every so often could be heard, if you're willing to listen. Years ago, the archangel Ethyl did clear out this sizable plot of land which he now claims as his own and redisigned this valley, and now it much looks like a small village on it's own. With the rocky walls serving as defensive walls and with only one road leading in our out the domain this makes up for a spot easy to guard. In the center a tall building is constructed and is nothing more and nothing less then the fortress in which the mighty archangel resides.

The moment i arrive i am directly spotted by the guards in front of the fortress. With a big smile i am being waved in and the moment i want to pass the guards, one of them whispers: "Master Ethyl is waiting for you pelantas, he is eager to show his new discovery."

I enter the fortress, a long corridor, with locked doors either side. Torches with bright orange flames are afixed to the walls, just under the ceiling, so the flames can light as much of the corridor as is possible. In front of me, I hear soft voices in idle conversation and the light of a fireplace can be seen.

I enter the room opposite the frontdoor and my sight is directly drawn to a majestic looking angel, young, but old as well, glad, and sad at the same time. His eyes show the wisdom he has, the things he had seen the past centuries, not only in heaven, but down here as well. None the less, Ethyl smiles at me as i enter, and it is not long, before we are in his office and talking about the recent happenings throughout the realm. I wonder if Ethyl knows more about the recent movements which i wrote in my previous article, but i saw the eager look on his face, and i decided to let go of the matter of the new residents.

"Master Ethyl," I said, bowing slightly. "Please call me Ethyl, young one." Ethyl interrupts smiling. "I was born as Ethyl, not master Ethyl, that title i got much, and much later. So, please call me Ethyl." "Sure Ethyl." I cleared my throath "There are rumors which tell you have worked on a new way so shiny jewels have another way of using their power, did you?" "Oh yes." Ethyl says nodding, "I have found another way so the inmense power of the shiny jewels can be used. It is known as custom equipment, or, i did name it that way."

Ethyl smiles about the confused _expression_ on my face, i couldn't think of something else he'd smile so amused about ...

"Yes, young one, the magic which now can be purchased here is so powerful, that residents can bring me a piece of armor, or a weapon, and then i will perform the rituals so it will be reformed any way the resident prefers. For example, they may bring me a rune dagger, and i can reform it into a broom, but with the strength of a rune dagger, makes up for a nice little surprise for lucifer's minions, don't you think?"

I nodded slowly.

"How did you discover this power Ethyl?" I asked.

"Through years of researching old magic, through alchemy and lots of trying." Ethyl simply answers.

I asked Ethyl on how the ritual is performed, but at that moment another angel knocks on the door and informs Ethyl a small band of minions is approaching Ethylianum. Ethyl slowly nods and looks to me. "You'd better go, i don't want to see you harmed, cause we'll have to defend the land here. Go, with the blessings of all which is good, and may our paths cross again."

Suddenly i am somewhere different, i looked around, I am back in Port haven as it seems ... Ethyl teleported me out. Slowly i walked back to the inn, i have a lot to overthink, is it really possible to fight with a "broom" with the strength of a rune dagger? Perhaps i should try it one day, like the curious being i am ...
Note: The option to buy a custom weapon or a custom piece of armor is now available in ethylianum.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector