Re: Giving Away Two Copies of Manamon 2

@Juliantheaudiogamer
I think saying it is a smack in the face is a bit over the top. That aside the way it works is patreons get all archives two days early. After that yes the last 5 are publically available on BSG. Everything past the most recent 5 streams are patreon only. This ends up being a month or more worth of stream archives. That is more than enough time to catch a stream you missed. And like Jack said anyone can sign up for $1 and download the entire archive.
Also just so everyone is clear on how I handle Patreon. I don't personally make any money from it. All of it goes back into BSG and development. I am building a PC and I won't even use any of the patreon money for it without asking patreon members even though it is directly related to BSG.

@moonwalker
I regularly go over the amount we get from Patreon. Like this month it is two copies of manamon, I just purchased 5 copies of Sequence Storm, gave another copy to a patreon member, we're Giving away a copy of Pitch Black, not to mention the Amazon Gift cards we give out every month for Crazy Party competition streams. This doesn't even go into normal costs each month just to keep everything up and running, or things I'm working on behind the scenes that haven't come out yet and will also cost money to do. I'm sure I could justify paying myself based on the literal hundreds of hours I've spent working on and making bSG but I don't. I get much more enjoyment out of giving away stuff which also gets more people listening and grows our audience.
We aren't for everyone, I fully understand that and I am completely okay with it. We do the type of streams we would like if we were listening to someone. Not everyone has the same sense of humor, everyone is different, but for those who like what we do, that is what we are here for. I'd also suggest you should spend your money on a coffee, that will make both of us much happier.

There seems to be a disconnect between the different aspects of Black Screen Gaming.
The main site: This is where everyone finds text and audio guides for games. Some people support just because they have used the main site for years and wanted to say thanks.
The bsg blog: where we do game reviews, other blind related topics, and complete randomness. People enjoy our posts and also just want to say thanks. They also get posts a day early when possible, and get giveaway perks if they are on a certain patreon tier.
The live streams: this is where the above mentioned things come into play. Early access, full archives so on.

Patreon covers all of these things as they are all under the Black Screen Gaming umbrella, and not everyone signs up just for the perks. The perks are there to be just that, perks for signing up. If that is the main reason someone signs up then that is perfectly okay, but I know first hand that is not why everyone supports. We have people signed up who never listen to any live streams for example, or who are on a high enough tier but don't ever ask me to stream a game for three hours. Some people just appreciate all the info they have gotten from BSG and want to say thanks. Everything on the site is completely free, so the perks are really just perks.

I know plenty of people strongly dislike BSG, and with my personal experiences with those people, it is something I'm thankful for as I wouldn't want them ruining everyone's fun. We aren't for everyone, but those who do enjoy what we do seem to really enjoy it. This is why BSG is here, and it is why there is so much content on the site. Not just entertainment, but also gaming information on the main site. I have no problem telling people if they don't like streams then don't listen to them, if you don't like blog posts then don't read them, if you hate our guides then don't use them. It isn't out of anger or malice, just if you don't like something don't consume it. There isn't anything wrong with that, either do or don't, it won't hurt my feelings or those of anyone on BSG. We don't do what we do because it is all we can do, we do it because it is what we enjoy. The fact that others enjoy it is what keeps us motivated and going. Even if you can't understand why someone would like what we do, they do. Maybe they would feel the same way about your favorite show, stream, or music. We are all different, no one is hurt by liking or disliking a form of entertainment. Most importantly, if you don't like what we do then everyone is happier if you just don't consume it. For those who do enjoy our streams Thanks for supporting and we'll be around almost every Saturday.