Re: How do I go about creating, editing or compressing soundfonts?

I never really got into any of the alternatives to sound fonts yet, I just thought this is still a relevant thing that people use. I visit this site from time to time called Musical Artifacts. A lot of the uploads on there are soundfonts compiled from different sets of samples. I would like to make a contribution to that site one day, by compiling something that isn't listed there, yet. Then there's my fascination of playing video game music as midi with a soundfont, where the auto generated fonts from programs like GBA Music ripper, or VGM Trans don't have any descriptive names for the instruments. Maybe one day I would like to use one of those instruments in a track of my own? I would have to rename the patches to find out which one I"m looking for.
Also, I kinda forgot to say this in my first post, but all I can do for now is to play a midi using a soundfont, meaning I can't actually play all the patches individually. I mean I can play like 127 of them using QWS and Coolsoft Virtual midi synth, but if there's more then It just stops working. I get how every bank of midi instruments is 127, but changing the bank number doesn't work. Does it have to do with midi channels, then,

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zseli via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector