Re: urhs everythings blind forum

Fun fact, the audiogames.net forum had a 16 Y/O moderator for a not so prosperous period of seven months.
During all this time my age hasn't come up once, doubtless because I don't recall disclosing it on here. Had I done so I don't believe for a second it wouldn't have been used against me, justification for why I made a decision. Lack of practical experience probably. Maybe he'll grow up and figure it out. Maybe in a couple years.

Before everyone agrees with Simba here, take a second to let the shear absurdity sink in.

simba wrote:

Seriously sometimes I think only those with a certain age should be allowed to use the internet.

I was one of those who found the internet at a relatively young age. So was Ethin, Sam, Lucas, Stevo and I'm sure many, many more here who've gone on to do pretty cool things. Kind of funny to me how a couple people (under age) here even agree that they shouldn't be / have been on the internet. Dispense with your hypocrisy please.
I won't go and say age is just a number because that simply isn't true, but maturity, or at least our shaky agreement on the matter, isn't a simple boolean or binary switch that flips at a certain point in life. Additional factors can have a great impact on the way someone acts as well, e.g. upbringing.

Seriously, give them time. If you didn't make a fool out of yourself at a young age you're probably still one of those whose comments consistently make us cringe. Anyone recall my hacking, using scripts that were far from ethical and later on involvement in ultrapower? I was 11 and 12. I don't fully understand who  I was or wanted to be. My beliefs were little more than a culmination of those from others. I was living in my own little world so to speak. You don't grow up over night, and for some of us the internet gave us the best life lessons imaginable. I said or did something stupid, and people didn't hypothesize about my age because it was quite frankly unimportant. they treated me as an equal which was refreshing. The internet became my life. I was constantly drowning in the abundance of information at my fingertips, yet I spent sleepless nights absorbing every bit I could. I know I would be a completely different person if not for the early experiences and fuckups. You guys seriously want to act as if some sort of impossible age ban will work? I know it may be difficult to acknowledge your failures and embarrassing moments from way back when, but I think many are better people as a result. Wake up and smell the frickin coffee.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector