Re: How do you cook on a flat-top stove?

I also think it would be nice to invest in the famous insta'pot ? but that will be for later .. way later because I cannot afford it now, plus I have been fine I think without it. But I have got a few things that are helpful... especially the self leveling spoons and cups from dreamfarm and the tongs for grabbing stuff. Also, the talking thermometer to check whether food is done cooking (internet has tons of info, you could just download a chart and remember it and over the months and  so on experience tells you) All this being said, and turning is still a mistery. I never know if I have successfully turned stuff over.

Parents actually, from the bottom of their hearts, gave my brother and I an air fryer as a gift when we moved out (which was just two weeks ago) and I have tried making several things on them. Chicken breasts turn out to be fantastic, though you have to make sure is very slightly oiled (a bit less than half of the smallest spoon is good) and seasoned to taste with salt and powdered garlic if you like (I normally just use a cup or something to put the oil and spices in and then just roll it like a piece of dough), and since this particular model turns off as food is done and it takes surprisingly less (about 25 minutes) to have them ready after pre-heating for three, its just great, so I would recommend getting one for sure. Sizzling tells you when anything is poured into hot oil, so if that happens you are good to go with almost anything you make. The only con, they are a bit loud.
As for scrambled eggs in the microwave.. I have heard about this using some kind of cups and stuff but I am not really convinced, same as for soft boiled. Hard boiled has become quite easy ad quick to do, you just put them on water, wait for it to boil (hearing bubbles anyone?), then wait around 8 minutes or more (nothing happens if you leave them more anyway) and especially if you put them in ice water after getting them out of the pan (mine is small and can fit up to four most, has a long handle so its just even better because I can just drain the hot water and then use bare hands to get them out) as revealed here .. they just peel almost by themselves.
That article also has got tons of other useful info, and that explains why I could make cooked or baked chicken breast successfully in the air fryer which would be ironic. I also thought the breast would stick to the frying basket, but since it already had a slight oil coating, and the basket was hot hot hot when I tossed it in, it baked and the protein stuck to itself.

I guess I just have to practice feeling the heat for calculating... not much a fan of microwaves because of their health effects, we got rid of the one we had at the beginning of this year so .. yeah.

all of this talk definitely tells me we need to have a cooking forum. hehe