Help with Alternative magic

I"m looking for help on running alternative magic, I have JTE installed, but I"m not sure what I need to get and setup for it to translate, I have all the automatic  translating functions turned on, but having no luck. I"m running this on windows 10, not sure about local emulator or anything like that, tried finding it, but found the sorce, not the installer, but I don't know if its something I need or not.