Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

re: Welshweyr's suggestions: are you currently vulnerable when in the armor menu outside the safe zone?  Having to go to the safe zone for resets is how it is now, isn't it?  It's on the sz menu.  How would this be a check on unlimited resets.  Now, if you had to go somewhere other than the safe zone and were vulnerable while assigning points, then unlimited resets might be ok.

I'm looking very approvingly at Musicman's 11,872 post.  I think the sort of communal help we want to foster is not served by a trading system, but would perhaps be better served by a new mission type, an apprenticeship.  In return for making sure that a low level player stayed alive, you would get extra experience/rep that would build the longer you managed it.I think client syncing is good enough to handle this.  Since low level players can find fuel, they would put up a mission and anyone could act as their protector.  The reward woul d scale down from its peak for a level 1 character to some maximum, like a level 20 or something like that.  The mission would work either on the main maps or on mission maps and would end if the original mission person died.  The protector would receive an item that would autotrack the person to be protected.  The protector would turn this item in to gain the reputation reward, though if the protectee died, the reward would be much lower.

How doable would this be, and would it have the effect I'm going for?