Re: My New Forum

Hi.

well, call me arogant, but I do use the term blindy when i see that someone who is, let's say in their 20s and is not able to comprehend the most basic tasks, things in house work, going shopping and so on.
I have been a student at a school for the blind since 2008 in a city which generally speaking has a very large population of blind or highly visual impaired people.
Since 2017 I'm doing a three year training with which I'm hopefully finished somewhere around July next year. So, give or take a few months, I have been living in this city for roundabout 12 years of my currently 22 year old existence.
Over the course of these 12 years I have met quite a number of blind people and yes, and yes, I'm slowly but surely getting mad around here.
the problems with the blind comunity, at leased with quite a large part are numerus, but I will point out some of them.
There is the limited amound of topics you can exchange about. Seams strange at first, but almost every blind person I've met is either very much into computers or music, two topics which are quite interesting, but after discussing the same old iPhone apps and games for the unteenth time, it's slowly getting stale.
Another point I despise is that everyone knows apparently everyone. Before short or long you start talking about your life experiences and, where you went to school and there it starts. Hey, do you know that guy. Yes, do you know that guy as well? No, not really. Ok, because my experiences with him are ... bla, bla bla.
It sometimes feels that if you are stuck in a bubble and you can't escape it, no matter what you tried.
It might be obvious that I hold a grudge against the big part of the blind comunity, that's why over the last few months I mostly pulled back out of any blind organisations I was in, deleted many groups on either WhatsApp or Facebook, and generally got more involved with the sighted comunity, because at leased in my eyes, this is more rewarding and you meat a bigger and different number of people.
When i hopefully finish my training I already decided that I will move away from the city and start fresh somewhere.
New faces, new places.

Greetings Moritz.