Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

dark wrote:

@Brad, with most web based games, screen readers will  default to their webpage navigation keys, EG H for heading, B for button etc.

If you want to use direct shortcut keys on webpages, you need to do whatever your screen reader does to allow key passes to the application. For example in NVdA hit NVdA+space  change to focus mode then hit the key, or in supernova hit ctrl 0 to allow next key press through.

Browsers have their own key combinations also, I use firefox, to get to those access keys I press ALT+Shift+ the access key. It seems really fast for me, but if you are used to doing it another way, that's cool.

dark wrote:

though I'm still working out what elemental effects do, as most of the time I've found luck based gear best to use.

On the Traits tab (access key 2), there are traits in the right hand column (which may not be a helpful designation for you, I'm not sure what these menus "look like" to you all, I'm still learning screen readers) that detail each element. If you inspect those, they describe the benefits of each one.

dark wrote:

One fix I would appreciate, would be a change to health status.

Easy fix, will do that in the next update. There is an alert that pops up when your health drops below a certain point (I believe its at 20%, but I'd have to double check the code), as well as with energy.

dark wrote:

I also notice that breezy cheese, and possibly other power up items the merchant sells don't have descriptions yet.

Hmm, I will look into that, they should have descriptions.

dark wrote:

Lastly, I wonder if you'd ever considered adding a few other ways to manipulate your equipment

I'll figure something out, I may just open up the inventory to be larger. It was originally designed that way to be more challenging, but if it comes off as more annoying than challenging, I'll work something out.

dark wrote:

I'm also noticing that you get a stupidly huge amount of food, waaaay more than you need...

On easy, yeah you do. When you prestige enough to get to medium and hard, its a lot less forgiving.

dark wrote:

Okay that was weird. I had an entire game where my energy and health were listed as nan, and I took no damage even when the game said I lost health, and I never needed to use food.
I also got to level 12 and scene 165 as well, and since things were getting a bit silly at that point in terms of loot and monster difficulty (or lack of), I think I better start medium difficulty next time big_smile.

Btw, around scene 150 there was a nameless female monster, that is the game told me I'd encountered a with no word given,
which was sort of amusing, though I@m afraid I don't remember what environment she turned up in.

Oh, and speaking of female monsters, it seems a bit weird that the lords can be female, when there are baronesses and I believe duchesses, I'd have thought the lords would've been ladies. I also find it a bit strange that there are female lions and not lionesses big_smile.

Oh, and quite often I also run into lord something or other the VI, is that the visually impaired?

The NaN is a _javascript_ code for "not a number". That is weird. I haven't run into that issue before. I'll keep my eye out for that, it sounds like a bug to me. It is probably the same issue that caused the nameless enemies. The female monikers were probably an oversight, I'll take a look.

As someone else mentioned, the VI is roman numerals for a generational moniker. It visually renders as roman numerals, I'll try to see if I can have the screen readers read it as "the 6th" instead.

aaron wrote:

I am experiencing the bug where it does not show any of the keyboard shortcuts, could there possibly be a link on the game's page that takes you to a shortcut list?
I've also noticed there's a few situations where the auto reading doesn't kick in, most prominently when you equip or remove an item, or draw from the deck of fate.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to display some help text that includes the keyboard shortcuts. The devlog for what I'm calling the 'accessibility update' lists what they are for now: https://malachi1616.itch.io/infinicrawl … lty-update

I'll check on the autoreading skipping some events. The deck of fate is a new item, so it may not have been implemented the right away.

brad wrote:

this game isn't reading out what key I have to use.

I've been trying to get that to work. When pressing a button, NVDA was saying "Fight Button plus shift plus alt plus" and it was getting annoying every tine, and it didn't say which access key was being assigned to that button. I can assign custom screen reader labels to graphics (which is why the inspect button and reload buttons are graphics, not buttons), but buttons dont seem to work that way. I'm still doing research to improve this functionality.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : deathtime via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector