Re: Sonus GDE thoughts

Re, updating variables.
The problem with being bounced back is that our x and y variables aren't being updated. I'll illustrate this:
x = 4, y = 3.
I move forward.
x = 4, y = 5.
I move forward, hit wall. The object's y returns to 5, but the variables x and y don't get updated, so x = 4, y = 6.
This is fixed whenever I move backwards or forwards, but only then. In the mean time, I can plant an unlimited amount of crops for some odd reason, maybe because the under hood compiler exits immediately upon detecting the wall since it was here first?
As to global variable exportation, I mean just that. Have a way to monitor the current values of the selected variables at runtime or when terminating the project. Typically I would achieve this with print statements in Python right before using the variable, but the GDE has no such function to my knowledge. Maybe add a way to log information? This info would only be visible when the project stops running, and only in the GDE itself, not the PCP.
If you still don't quite understand what I mean, look up the console.log function in _javascript_. I want something like that if possible.
Actually, I was considering the tts channels today. It would be nice to have an ability to speak a word and then the variable, even if they are sharing the same way. Perhaps a percent sign could denote a variable and everything else would be treated as text? Examples could be something like this:
You have encountered %encounter enemies.
You currently have %health health remaining.
The trick would be to distinguish between the words and the punctuation, i.e:
Oh no! There are so many %number_of_enemies %enemy_type, so, so many.
I don't know what language this is coded in, but that shouldn't be too difficult. If you know Python, I can look around for a solution and you can convert it into the under hood language.
I just looked at the 3d fly tutorial, and I have a question:
I was taught that x is left to right, y is forward and backwards, and z is up and down. Yet, when telling us how to update coordinates, you told us to decrease or increase the z axes when the user presses s or w. Any reason as to why? Is Open Al using a different coordinate system?
Again, thank you for your replies. I will continue poking around and messing with this and will hopefully have something playable out in the future.