Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

brad wrote:

Hi.
I decided to play the game again and think it's broken.

I fight and it says I deal NaN damage and get hit for NaN.

Are you 100% sure potions tell you how much health you've gained back, so somethign like 50 out of 20? The last time I used food and potions, nothing was read back to me.

And yes smile I'm aware that was a small amount of time not to play again, I guess you've hooked me smile

Would you ever consider adding sounds to the game?

As for viewing what an item does, I find out I've dropped an item, shift g to the inspect item graphic and press then then alt shift q, and find it then press enter.

If there are other, more quicker ways, I'd like to hear about them.

Maybe the first time you press enter on an item, you hear what it does? What do the others on here think of that?

The NaN is an issue that a few people have complained about. I fixed the first issue that was causing it. I think people may have saved their game during that bug and it corrupted their save cookie. If you paste your save here, I can try to fix it for you. The last person that it happened to their heirloom data was fine but their prestige data was all corrupted. I can look at the save and see what can be done.

The potions are definitely reading back for me. It sounds like you might have an old cached version of the game. Where are you playing it at? on itch.io or on my website? You might try doing a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 on most browsers). To force your browser to get the latest version.

Adding sounds outside of the screen reader's voice is something I plan to do. I have a unique challenge with this game when it comes to sounds. The original goal for this game was to have the whole game self contained in a single html file with no references to outside resources. Newer browsers allow you to embed binary files into the source code now, so I'm looking into doing that, but it's a new tech for me. I'm working on learning it though.

Ok, so the quickest/easiest way I have figured out how to get the item info is using access keys. shift+alt+q for pack, b to cycle through item buttons, then shift+alt+? for inspect, then enter to get info. It's a lot but its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I've only been using NVDA and access keys since this thread started and I have it down pretty well now.

To drop items, shift+alt+q for pack and use g to cycle through the trash graphics, then enter on the item to drop it.

Having said all that, I'm totally open to changing how it works, I doubt my first idea in my first venture into screen readers is the best one.

EDIT: Oh I just thought, would it be good if cycling through the item buttons actually just read the description every time? While cycling through, if you didnt want to hear it or you already heard it or know what it does, you can just cut it off or skip to the next button.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : deathtime via Audiogames-reflector