Re: My New Forum

Your right, it is hard to tell, but that's why I always err on the side of unknowing ignorance rather than purposeful entitlement, though the two often go hand in hand as you said and either way it damages the reputation of all of us.
Which is exactly why we should be trying to help them when possible and when they are willing, if we want things to change

To be honest I've experienced the grocery store one my self and it is a really crap situation to be in, because it feels awfull having to ask for someone else knowing that even if you did it out of earshot there is no way they wouldn't figure it out.
It's a hard one because on one hand, this is an odd job that very few people are good at the first couple times, and new employees can't possibly be expected to know where everything is especially in a big store, those I can have patients with.
On the other hand, why hire someone who is hopeless with social communication when they are expected to point customers to what they want and not just stock shelves and break down boxes?  And why cheap out by having so few staff that you can't possibly spare one of the better employees because then you wouldn't have enough for other duties?
I am very understanding of those who can actually work with me, and sympathetic towards those who clam up out of fear, but at the end of the day, I'm a paying customer like any other, I know generally where what I want is most times, I have a list on my phone, and I know how to ask for what I need pretty well.  So I don't want to go home with half the items I came for and the wrong thing for a couple of the ones I did manage to grab, it's a waste of money and time.
In this instance, I think they should have told him up front that they only had a new employee available and could he please come back a little later or tomorrow when they had a more experienced staff member?  Sounds like he might have still complained about that, but I'm always willing to do that my self.

I wonder if the Scottish guy was elderly or had other difficulties that made it hard for him to stand for a long time?  I can also kinda understand wanting to sit by the door so you can get out quick, but you can always stand next to it instead.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : perfectjoe via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lawrence_McSu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector