Re: Why I prefer NVDA over JAWS

My problem with the Ferrari analogy, is that we're not  here talking about a ferrari vs a pushbike, that is something ridiculously expensive with half a tonne of good features vs a no good free alternative.

The fact that we're even having this conversation at all, indicates that Jaws's strengths, ---- which as I said I don't doubt that it has, are not absolutely, and instantaneously apparent to most end users to the extent that Jaws' pricing structure would dictate, and if we're at the point when the difference  between something free and something which costs a thousand dollars are so indefinite, something is seriously wrong.

Note here, I'm not arguing "all screen readers should be free", just that Jaws' pricing structure is not realistic for the things it does given the alternatives.

I will say I wasn't aware that the Jaws demo was permanently available, I thought  it died entirely after fifteen days, though I confess the pricing still puts me off bothering to try the thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lawrence_McSu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gonzalez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lawrence_McSu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector