Re: how much do you think freedom scientific loses because of cracked jaws

Yes I also find it ironic that they are spending all this money on trying to protect each new version when they could just be offering a better payment plan for individuals, even if it was only within English speaking countries at first.
I would estimate that they are probably losing between a quarter and half a million in sales from individuals at least, within the countries they sell to, but that's a very loose guess.
So it isn't nothing, but it's also probably less than the CEO's year end bonus.
As Manamon Player mentioned though, the rest of the people cracking surely wouldn't have been able to pay anyway even if they wanted to, so it's hard to call that an actual loss, although if you tallied it up, I imagine it would be several million dollars.
Now if they got their shit together and started figuring out a way to sell to those people, or at least the organizations in their countries that may be able to pay at a highly reduced price, than they could rake in a decent amount of extra cash up front even if update licenses would be few and far between.
I guess they just don't care enough?  Or maybe the component licensing costs they have to pay on each copy for things like OCR and voices are prohibitive?  But I don't see why they couldn't just sell a stripped down copy...
Honestly, I think they know that ship has sailed and that NVDA now takes up that potential market share they could have had if they would have bothered, so they are just letting it be when it comes to developing countries.
That's why they started up the annual plan, because they saw that they could still make money from developed countries and get a stable revenue stream out of it, but they are being slow in rolling it out to Canada, the UK, Australia, NZ ETC.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : miki123211 via Audiogames-reflector