Re: Yet another question regarding instruments

i hate to say this but as a performer, korg has fulfilled my wishes. Yes, editing is a pain in most of their stuff but sonically I get hired because of it. Also, the practical aspect of so many things they have as performance capabilities.. you can assign knobs to control whatever stuff you need, there is just too many presets available for quick recall of anything, and they are not as heavy as other workstations out there which means healthier carrying around and less hassle regarding transportation, setup, and more.
But this is from someone who lives on playing music regularly, recording for others, and recording his own stuff at times and not for a hobby, every once in a while, what does this button do, or how do you add reverb, type of person.
Which means that if I am going to edit a sound or design my own, i have researched what is ADSR, how is it controlled, how can it alter various aspects of a sample so that when I get help to do this sort of stuff I know exactly what needs to change. Also what delays are there and so on. And then, once all editing is done, I save those as personal sounds I will use in favorites, organized, for quick recall and back all of this up regularly. You can even share those with others and korg has plenty of groups on social networks that do this sort of thing. I have had success asking for help on those, and formed a few nice relationships with people who have been kind enough to design or help me with a sound that must be done in a pinch.
as for which ones i have and use? kross and had a micro station for a while. None of these have touchscreens. They do have real time controls in forms of knobs and sometimes buttons that toggle things, that once assigned will let you do all sort of stuff. Korg has actually assigned most of them sensibly as default presets depending on instrument, so that the most common parameters are changed. So, for example, on pads you will normally have a resonance filter mapped on one knob, and a sweep in the other one. Others have delay speed and chorus intensity sound. Organs have rotary speeds set in. This is why i find korg to be so practical.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector