Re: Progression in "Renting" Muds

I think AA in this context meant Ancient Anguish, not Alter Aeon. Alter is pretty kind in this regard. Most MUDs are, these days.

And Ironcross, totally agree with you. Back in the day I would've understood it. Now it's just...well, if it's not outright lazy, it's cliquish. Because your vets are gonna know how to gear up fast, while your newbies have one more aspect of the game they have to learn.

There's a MUD called Icesus which has a lot of neat things going for it, but one of the downsides is that you had to return to a safe location to quit. If I'm playing a game, I need to be able to pause or quit basically any time for it to be viable. People who have kids or multiple pets or whatnot probably have this even worse.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Shadowfax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moonwalker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gisco_tn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector