Re: Progression in "Renting" Muds

I actually don't mind deathtraps per se, indeed I rather like them if as part of a quest or other detailed area since they give you something to watch out for and mean you can't just mindlessly go through slaughtering anything and everything in your path.

What I do object to is losing gear or progression in an area due to a deathtrap as happened in 4d, then again 4d is an annoyingly obscure game in many ways.

BTw in 4d it was flying my ship into a star that caused the problem. On the one hand it was my fault for flying that way and not using the scan commands correctly, on the other this was literally the third move in space I made with my ship before I used all the commands and the help files weren't exactly helpful on this point.