Re: any tips for playing pokemon

Learn the pokemon cries, and the sound of each move. That will save you a lot of reading. My brother's friend used to laugh his head off because I could tell a pokemon soly by its cry but that's not too hard to do once you play for a while.

Pay attention to wall sounds, use them to draw a map of a location in your mind as you travel. Spam a as you do this, in case you bump into a sidney, locked door, item or npc or interactable objectlike a tree or truck or switch or pokemon or body of water or waterfall or trainer.

Learn the layout of the menus, the party, the item bag, generally pokeballs and their betters are at the top of a normal pokemart. Save often, but be aware that you only have 1 save slot, so be careful also. First example, once you begin a pokemon league challenge, you cannot leave to heal at a pokemon center, in that instance, you maybe want to save before challenging.

I think that is all you need to know to get you through a pokemon game without emulation. If you have a phone to read the text, that's way more than we had growing up and should make things much easier.