Re: Seeking Programmers To Assist with Second Life viewer

I have been on there before, and everyone was cool and really willing to help out. The thing is though, it feels weird for me to go on SL and basically have worse of a disability in there than I do in real life. I couldn't really walk around, I had to teleport even in the same area. I couldn't read signs. I couldn't buy or pick out clothing because most of them have HUDs which the text viewer couldn't really work with. When I could, I had no idea what went together with each other.

When I went to events, I would have to teleport around and pick a seat and hope that I didn't sit somewhere someone else was sitting. In an event which is supposed to be professional in nature, such as a presentation, lecture, etc. that is embarrassing.

I basically had very little access to a world in which things were graphical and in 3D. And said access came in the form of text. Now, as an avid MUDder, I have no problem with text based things; however, it just felt like grasping at straws to try to make something work that just wasn't meant to.

Now, I know there are a lot of people on there with different disabilities, and SL is liberating to them because they can see, and while in their real lives, they may be stuck in a wheelchair or a bed, in SL, they can be fully ambulatory and that's got to be amazing. I'm really not trying to take that away, or diminish the good that other people are getting out of it.

For me though, imagine someone who is able to organize their clothing so they know what works together, dress themselves, bathe and take care of other personal hygiene, cook their own meals, walk around inside and out, orient to new environments,etcc. Then strip about 90% of that away and that's how I feel when I'm in SL and it's just not a good experience for me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector