Re: Playable game boy and game gear games

The standard gba uses 2 double a batteries but has a built in headphone jack. The gba sp has a built in rechargeable battery, introduced the clamshell design but lacks a headphone jack, but you can buy a headphone adapter that plugs into the charging port, though it doesn't output stereo sound, so yeah, nintendo was ahead of apple there. In either case, both gba and GBA sp have one built in speaker, so be prepared to use headphones or external speakers if you want stereo sound. You can also do what I did and buy a rechargeable battery pack for the original gba. The pack I got came with 2 interchangeable battery packs, so when one ran out, I just put it in the charger while I used the second pack. If I was going on a long trip, I just charged both packs beforehand and they lasted me about 4 hours each. So In that way, I had the best of both worlds. If you dont like using headphones but still want stereo sound, a ds or ds light is your best bet, though it is not have gameboy or gameboy color compatibility, but there are ways around that of course. wink The real benefit of owning a portable console like that is the ability to play anywhere without having to lug your pc or laptop around and or waiting for them to boot up, and physical buttons as opposed to a mobile phone's touch screen.