Re: Voice-Powered Games Question

@defender, that makes a lot of sense, and is pretty much how I would approach reading speeds were I to be using screen readers or  the like. I already skim long articles just out of tedium anyway, so I can't imagine I'd suddenly want to sit and listen patiently as someone read it to me if I suddenly lost my sight.

To your confusions, we'll have a voice actor reading lines and it'll be set up like a conversation and timing will be relevant because we're expecting a natural conversational flow for the whole thing, meaning that we'll need to not allow speed adjustments. Honestly, I just wanted to hear an answer to that as a usability concern just so I know if there's some nuance I didn't anticipate. I'm sighted, so I don't want to make any assumptions without at least asking for confirmation, ya know?

I'm glad you like the sound of the project, the "linked with some person and advising them" thing is the first thing we thought of to try and make. I'm sure you'll see a bit of that from us when we ship, but I also want to include some other types of toys and interactions. I think it'd be fun to have to solve puzzles and play games with these characters while you're talking to them.