Re: Code Factory voices

My biggest problem is Nuance's mobil licensing contract. Apparently Code Factory is not allowed to distribute premium quality voices at all on the mobile platform. Never mind the fact that it is technically possible to run them on mobile. This is a big problem when some of the standard-quality voices sound, and let's be delicate here, like a tongue-tied drunken speech-impedimentedclearly-spliced voice avatar while they're trying to eat. Seriously. I bought Evan and can take his premium variant, but can't stand his standard quality so I'm using his compact variant and while it sounds more natural to me, it is more quiet. Honestly wouldn't mind if we were to ditch the natural voice movement entirely and focus our intentions of a fully modern, open source forment synth that we can all agree on. I personally think Espeak is natural with some tweaking, but there are people who can't stand it. What we need is some middle-road between Eloquence and DEctalk, knowing that Dectalk will remain as it is, a great synth, but with its old code being unlocateable. I had confidence in Speech Player as being that replacement but sadly they abandoned that project. Not surprising considering it's hard to single-handedly develop a synth while actively maintaining a screen reader. But there's someone out there that can do someting like this, which is why I'm excited to see what Philip can come up with. It's scary when voices are so natural that hard-working Voiceover talent have to convince clients have less opportunities when some fortune-five hundred company will take the cheap/lazyass approach of using synths for their static, never-changing phone prompts...