Re: Do you have any International holiday treats that you love

Believe it or not I've never tried egnog, also I'm a very bad Englishman since I really do not like christmas pudding as dried fruit makes me ill big_smile.

One thing which I love though which you sometimes get from german Supermarkets over here are Lebkuchen, indeed my lady lived in Germany for 17 years and has had the real thing home made which are wonderful.
These are like soft gingerbread, but usually spiced with coffee and often coated in wonderfully dark chocolate.

I also absolutely love hot roast chestnuts. Previously I didn't get them too often, since they're really hard to get right and then even harder to shell, however recently the local supermarket has been selling microwaveable vacuum packed chestnuts which are amazing!

One other thing I love, are properly maid rum truffles, with real rum, indeed I went to a westindian restaurant at one point, and they had the most amazing rum cake, which was like an incredibly light sponge soaked in rum and served hot! it was awesome!