Re: Introducing Quorum Programming Language!

You know, I never could get into Quorum either, and the nearby school for the blind is really shoving it at everyone. It's annoying because the language boasts that it is designed with accessibility in mind yet I never could actually manage to do anything with it. I tried it at a summer camp and it was just not practical in any way. Spent a whole week writing a program only to run it in the IDE and have everything happen in some weird dialog at the bottom of the screen, which I could not use NVDA to access. I had a bit better luck on the website, but still. I'd learn python any day over this, because of the reasons stated in post 8, and the fact that I'm having to put up with some non-developing-related issues that are keeping me from learning it. It's great for teaching, because there really isn't a ton of sintax you have to remember. But I don't know... for someone who has the basics down, I just don't think it could be used for anything really. How likely will it be that I'll use quorum on the job? Use the skills I learned, sure. But not the language itself.