Can the Open-Sourced GTTS Python Rapper be Compiled for NVDA

I was searching for open sourced TTS engines after reading about Nuance's monopoly over the TTS industry, and I came across what I believe to be a python rapper that interfaces with Google text to speech. I was wondering if this could be made into an NVDA addon. I'm not sure how hard it would be since this rapper exports text to an MP3 file, but I figured I'd ask since I have no idea how this stuff actually works. You can find out more info about the engine here.