Re: Let's talk about windows seven end of life...

Point taken about CCleaner, and zero day vulnerabilities if that's the throughline of your argument, but that's about as far as I'll go. When more audio games start writing their saves to Appdata, which some do, I'll consider, maybe, backing down on my stance. Even so, common sense can and does protect you from a lot of things. It's common sense, or should be, not to make your passwords to everything 123456 or some ridiculous variant thereof. Those who do, even knowing they shouldn't, are asking for trouble and basically deserve what they get. Same with clicking on shady popups, opening unsolicited email attachments, and downloading seedy torrents. These are the most common causes of the spread of viruses/malware, not a small subset of the population who doesn't want Microsoft telling them where they should or should not store their data. If people are actually gullible enough to believe they can win a Macbook Pro by clicking on a cute animation in 2019, shame on them, and furthermore, those same people aren't even going to know what UAC is beyond the fact that it's the angel on their shoulder asking them whether they want to install a thing. I've disabled UAC since I've used Windows 7, and guess what, I haven't had to deal with any malware that I can think of. If I did, I'd have no one to blame but myself, but until then, I'm not going to let anyone try and browbeat or scare me into doing something that's senseless for how I do things. Note, again, that how I do things is not how the majority should do them.