Using miranda ng

Hey all,
So I've been hearing a lot about this thing. I recently downloaded it, but am very confused by it so far. I'm trying to use it with facebook, but once I add the account, specify my email and password and all that, it just says facebook offline in my system tray. Try using the thing in the system tray, no option to authorise facebook, as I assume would be the requirement, nothing. Any idea how this thing is supposed to work?