Re: Please advise me on my situation.

As to what to do, well my best advice is relax, take things naturally and just try to be patient.
Your right, people will be curious, and irritating as it is, simply being patient with the usual "have you always been blind" type of questions can do wonders, as

Also, try to avoid any sterreotypical blind behaviours such as rocking, speaking loudly or demanding things, if you need to ask for something, ask politely.

Assuming your school is not a shit hole, you should  find the ice starting to  melt after a while and people starting to chat to you, usually in Britain this tends to be on the second or third day, though depending upon the country and situation things might vary.

Also, practice that best skill of blind people, "listening!" you'd be surprised how many people will just chat if you listen and ask the right questions, likewise, don't assume anyone is an idiot until they've proved themselves to be so.

finally, and most annoyingly, be patient! even as a teenager, making friends takes time, and as a blind teenager very much more so. Don't expect things to happen at once. If you've not really made any friends for six months, then you might have a problem, but if after the first week your still getting to know people, that's just how things are.

One good friend of mine is a very reserved person, I met her in history of medicine lectures at university, and basically spent nearly an entire term (about eight weeks), just saying "goodmorning"
One Friday, the lecture was postponed an hour, and I suggested getting some coffee, suddenly she was telling me about herself and we've been friends ever since.

Your at the best age to make friends, since personally I've found situations at their best between 17 and 25, before people settle down to procreate and be stupid, and after people have grown up enough to realise they might not be the centre of the universe, but even so, it still takes time.

With zombies run, it all depends upon how you set the ap.
Unless your physically running outside and changing location (which is a bit difficult for a blind person), the default setting which uses gps to track distance travelled will be no good to you.

You will need to either set it on constant pace or step counting.
These both have different advantages. Step counting physically counts your steps thus responds to your actual runing movement, whilst constant pace simply moves the story along and gives you items as time passes, you can also set how fast your virtual running is if you use this setting.

personally, I use step counting when I'm physically running, and use it for 20 minute mission, then  to constant pace whilst I'm doing my  fifteen minutes weight lifting.

You might Once you go to "mission start" you can find the settings by swiping past the start mission button.
You might need to play with them a little, EG because running on a mini trampoline is harder than runing normally, I've had to put the stride length up quite a bit to get to the point I can do a 5k mission in 20-25 minutes.

I don't mind though, since I'm burning off that much energy.

As to other forms of physical activity, it depends upon what options are available and what takes your fancy.
I Personally for example have no interest in competitive sports such as football or cricket, but I enjoy those activities like canoeing, tandem cycling or even cross country skeeing when I've had the chance to do it, that let me get out and journey in a oncrete way.

similarly, whilst I'm  average in hight at five foot ten, I have broad shoulders and  I'm not exactly a small fellow,  and so am naturally pretty strong, someone once told me I have the right build to be a wrestler if I wanted.

This means sprinting is probably not my best area (the zombies run I do primarily to keep fit and increase my mental energy), I'd be better at rowing or kanooing or something along those lines.

Hth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mads via Audiogames-reflector